Frequently Asked Questions
What is a CSA?
CSA stands for community supported agriculture. You may be familiar with CSA's that offer vegetables. With this type of support, you are investing in me as a farmer to help fund some of the early season expenses, such as seeds, soil, irrigation, etc. In return, you receive a bouquet of flowers for the chosen amount of weeks that you order!
Contracts are no fun, but a part of life! What does a sample contract for your CSA look like?
2023 CSA Membership Agreement
This is a CSA Membership agreement between
SR Pumpkin and Flower Farm and yourself ______________________________
Terms SR Pumpkin and Flower Farm will provide the CSA purchased for said amount of weeks based on your order.
Payment Your CSA membership is to be paid in full at the time of purchase. You understand that unless paid in full you will not be a member and will not receive arrangements.
Refunds We do not offer refunds. A CSA is about commitment to a local farmer and our commitment to you. If you have made a purchase and no longer want to receive your share, you can donate your arrangement to a charity or organization of your choice. Expectations
1. Deliveries will occur on Wednesdays, weather dependent and SR Pumpkin & Flower Farm has the right to change the date to ensure the freshest delivery. If no one is home, please notify us a proper place to drop the flowers to keep out of the elements, ie garage door code, etc. I also understand that Sara has a tight schedule they must adhere to and that they are unable to wait past designated times.
2. If I pick-up from the farm or home, I agree to come to every pick up at the specified time. If I am unable to pick up my arrangement on the designated day or I do not contact Sara to make alternate arrangements before my scheduled day I agree that my arrangement will be forfeit and donated as a result.
3. I understand that my arrangement is a living, breathing entity - and that any vase life is not guaranteed on any material or the arrangement as a whole. More information on taking care of your arrangement to ensure the longest possible vase life is available on our website and will be included in your first drop off/pick up.
4. I understand that the arrangement will be composed of a variety of seasonally available materials and that no specific flowers or colors or varieties can be promised or guaranteed.
5. I understand that none of the arrangements nor the materials therein are intended for edible or topical use. I understand that materials may be irritating or toxic or poisonous if ingested by humans or other animals, and I agree to hold SR Pumpkin & Flower Farm free of liability. If I have any questions, I will ask them as soon as possible.
6. If there is anything that is questionable I will give the CSA the opportunity to make it right by providing me with another available item at no cost to me. We will do our best to answer and address your questions.
7. I understand that by becoming a member I am sharing in the risk and rewards of the growing season. I realize there is an element of unpredictability with pests, disease, weather, acts of god and other unforeseen circumstances that may contribute or detract from the production of materials, and I agree that my arrangements may be subject to these factors. In the event of a catastrophic farm failure, we will do our best to adapt to the situation but there are no guarantees when it comes to farming unfortunately.
8. I will automatically be added to our email list and I promise to stay subscribed to it for as long as I am a paying member of the CSA. It is very important to read the emails since we use it to communicate with you as a customer and to inform you of any changes or updates. Pickup Locations Home address-763 County Road S, Yutan, NE (just west of Valley, NE) on days/times to be determined. Farm locaton-5811 Davey Rd, north of Lincoln on the SE corner of Hwy 77 and Davey Road days/times to be determined. Contact The best way to get in contact with us is through phone at 402-******** or email us at [email protected] We will respond to you as soon as possible. I have read all of the above and understand the membership agreement. I understand and agree to pay prior to and pick up my CSA box each week during the Season. If I Do NOT pick up my arrangement on my designated day, I understand that it will NOT be held for a later date and I will be responsible for the cost. I understand that I am committed to the full length of the season. I have had the opportunity to read over the contract and ask any questions of the business prior to entering into this contract. ________________________________ Business ________________________________ Customer
What are the rates of your services?
Please see the menu tab of our website for full pricing!
What should I bring when I come to pick flowers and/or pumpkins?
Just bring yourself, your kids, your family, your friends and a feel good attitude! If you have a pair of shears for cutting to bring, that would be great, but there are some available to use. Otherwise items that may be helpful are sunscreen, bug spray, drinks, gloves if you experience any sensitivity to plants, etc. We provide the cup for you to take home, along with water for yhour flowers to drink. If you would like to fill your own vase, pricing will be determined by size.
Do you have a restroom?
There is a porta potty adjacent our building.
Can I bring my pet?
While we love all animals, we kindly ask that you leave your furry friend at home! Please notify us in advance if you have a service animal!